Leica Geosystems' product family not only includes powerful and versatile time-of-flight scanners such as the new Leica ScanStation 2 but also features the ultra-high-speed, phased-based laser scanner, the Leica HDS6100. This portfolio of products becomes complete with Leica Cyclone, Leica CloudWorx and Leica TruView software, providing a full set of Leica-quality geo-referencing, surveying, and CAD integrated engineering tools for creating accurate deliverables and working with large scan data sets with unparalleled ease.
High-Definition Surveying not only offers many benefits to the measurement professional, but to the recipients and users of accurate spatial datasets. Civil engineers, plant designers, CAD professionals, architects, contractors, and owner/operators can all reap the cost and added-value benefits that HDS provides.
Cost Saving Benefits
HDS systems can provide significant cost savings in many ways:
- Lower cost as-built & topographic surveys
- Reduction or elimination of costly "return visits" to the site
- More accurate, complete as-builts for retrofit design projects translate into better retrofit designs. These translate, in turn, into (1) less construction rework due to interferences and fit-up problems and (2) the ability to factory-fabricate instead of field-fabricate.
- Reduced facility downtime due to (1) fast, unobtrusive scene capture and/or (2) minimal field fit-up, field fabrication, and field rework thanks to accurate as-builts
Added Value Benefits
In addition to direct cost savings, HDS systems offer important "added value" benefits:
- Faster results
- Shorter project cycle times
- Better quality results
- Less ambiguity - more complete
- Higher level-of-detail
- Safer data capture
- Unobtrusive data capture
- Point clouds can be conveniently used & reviewed by others for more efficient management of projects